Home Page About Us Contact Us Disclaimer Link to Us Privacy Policy Submit Site
Jewelry business directory that provides links to jewelry, diamonds, gold, gemstones, silver, pearls, engagement rings, wedding rings, platinum, sterling silver, and more.
You are here: Home > Dictionary > S
Jewelry Dictionary

A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z

Jewelry Category: S
SATIN FINISH
A matte or dull finish to a metal, usually achieved by sanding or brushing the jewelry.
SHANK
The portion of a ring that wraps around your finger, upon which the gemstones are set.
SINGAPORE CHAIN
Twisted oval links are intertwined to create a chain with texture and sparkle. Also see TRIPLE SINGAPORE CHAIN.
SNAKE CHAIN
Round, wavy metal links are lined up side by side to create a jewelry chain that resembles a serpent.
SOLITAIRE
A pendant or ring with a single gemstone.
SPRING RING
The ring shaped clasp which opens using a small internal spring. This is the most common form of clasp used on lightweight necklaces and bracelets. When the ring is sturdier and oblong, it is considered a LOBSTER CLAW.
STACKABLE ETERNITY BANDS
rings without stones, or BANGLE BRACELETS that can be worn in pairs or "stacks" for a variety of looks.
STEP CUT
Also known as an EMERALD CUT, this cut features a rectangular stone with cut corners. This classic cut is often found in engagement and wedding bands.
STERLING SILVER JEWELRY
Jewelry containing an alloy of 92.5% pure silver, which is ALLOYED with other metals for strength and rigidity. The remaining 7.5% of the alloy is usually comprised of copper or nickel. Sterling silver jewelry is stamped ".925" to indicate the purity of the metal.
STUD EARRINGS
(STUDS) Earrings which feature a post backing adhered to a small gemstone or metal decoration.
SWAROVSKI
(Swar-off-ski) A world leader in high quality crystal products, particularly jewelry and home decor items.
Home | About Us | Contact Us | Disclaimer | Link to Us | Privacy Policy | Submit Site | Jewelry Dictionary | Jewelry Articles
Copyright © JewelryAdvertise.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
We provide a huge collection of jewelry-related web links to antique jewelry, diamonds, rings, watches, wedding, fine art, gemstones.